Music Banter - View Single Post - The Islam Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #203 (permalink)
kibbeh
kibbeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No. I have absolutely no concrete idea what the circumstances behind that are. Did a bunch of Israeli soldiers just wander onto a beach and shoot a bunch of people for no reason? If so, is that the entirety of the story? As far as I can tell that's what you're implying, but beyond that I really don't know what that is.
there was a war going on. israel is pretty popular for murdering a hell of a lot of civilians during wars.

also this happened again last year or in 2014 i think. they bombed a beach and killed 4 kids. it got pretty popular. actually not just 4 kids.

The 2014 Gaza war beach bombing incidents refers to two incidents that took place during the 2014 Gaza War on 9 and 16 July. In the first incident, Israeli missiles killed 9 youths while they were following the 2014 World Cup series on TV; in the second, 4 boys were killed by Israeli naval fire while playing on a beach. According to an Israeli investigation, the second was a 'tragic mistake'. The United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the 2014 Israel–Gaza conflict, reviewing the evidence found strong indications that the IDF had failed in its obligations to adopt all feasible measures to avoid or minimize incidental harm to civilians.
kibbeh is offline   Reply With Quote