Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Pet Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #2163 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Alright, so first thing's first, I asked my mother and she was adamant that you need to be very careful about this. She's worked in a vet clinic (not as a vet though) so she does have some expertise.

Her advice is that if you can't do what I said (get your cat to eat food with dissolved medicine in a broth mixed in with their food) then her way was basically to corner the cat, force it into some kind of corner where it couldn't escape from while bodily holding it in place, and force the medicine down its throat. While you're doing this, take a squirt bottle and spray the side of the cat's mouth to wash it down. Make sure to spray the side of the cat's mouth, otherwise you could spray the water down its throat and into its windpipe.

My mother has a history of keeping near death cats alive for months, even years after they should have stayed alive, in comfort. So she doesn't just keep miserable animals that wish they were dead alive. My mother is a psychopath about making sure all of her animals live the maximum amount of happy years available to them and if there was anyone who I would listen to, it would be her.

Seriously, she's ****ing crazy, but I wouldn't even trust a veterinarian with the last years of my pet before I would trust her. Even they are amazed at the relatively healthy condition of the animals she finally has to bring in to be put to sleep.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote