Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
And right track, you have no irrefutable proof that I dream. These "everyone dreams" "facts" are probably spawned by some ****ty disney movie.
I could spend time digging up relevant research but to be honest, it's almost midnight and I'm damn lazy. Google is your friend. To simplify though, if you are living a healthy sleep life you will go through the sleep cycle twice, or more, per night (which is where the whole 8 perferably 9 hours thing comes from - a sleep cycle takes 3-4 hours and the more you get in the better you feel). A major part of the sleep cycle is REM, rapid eye movement. This is seen by eyes rapidly moving about underneath the lids. During this point, you are dreaming (fact). If you are woken at this stage of sleep you will remember the dream (even if only very briefly before your mind buries it again). If you are not getting rapid eye movement there is something SERIOUSLY wrong and you will essentially turn into a hallucinating zombie until you can get some decent REM again. If you are NOT woken during this period, you will NOT remember the dream. Lack of memory does not equate to lack of event.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote