Music Banter - View Single Post - Flat Earth Uprising?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #121 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
I won't feel salty at all if the Earth turns out to be a sphere. I think people get the feeling that I'm preaching when I talk about The Flat Earth, when really (and admittedly I utterly failed at exemplifying this in the OP), I would much rather be proven wrong. Maybe they think I'm preaching because I can't figure the whole thing out, or explain what I think I know in a day or maybe I'm hasty with my words... I don't know. But I assure any and all who read this that I'm just trying to find the truth. I have no agenda besides this. If I told anyone the Earth was flat because eclipses make it look the sun and moon are of the same size and they believed me I would think for certain their word is worthless. I say this because I stumbled upon the fact that there are a quickly growing number of people online who are not only supporting this, but furthering the investigation every single day, and I wanted to help them. Like most of the people here, I thought this would take about 5 minutes of my life up. In short, the resultant ongoing inquiry into the matter has been a huge pain in my ass, but I'm a fairly resourceful person, and my efforts to debunk the constituent arguments of the Flat Earth Theory have failed. No saltiness from me. I just get salty when people take NO TIME to engage it properly, favouring instead to resort to belittlement and embittered interactions like a bunch of neanderthals. Flat Earthers in general feel similar to this, as their main prerogative is to cause enough stir on social media so the scientific community cannot ignore them and must answer their questions. We don't want belief. We want answers.

To your question: Flat Earthers don't really worry about the Earth being hollow that I'm aware of, and I've never met a Hollow Earther. Their primary objective rests atop major flaws in the Globe Model. They don't claim - as a whole - to have answers about the actual shape of the Earth at all really. They just think it's not a ball.
It's not a ball, that's correct! It's a spheroid, which is different from a sphere in the same way an oval is to a circle.

What are some of these flaws in the globe model that you speak of?

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote