Music Banter - View Single Post - My Exploration into 2016
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #33 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Blear by Blear

Release: May 20, 2016:
Style: Punk, Grunge
Length: 30 min.

This is the third album by Blear, an unknown grunge/punk band from Brazil. The thing about South America is that they generally tend to have really good grunge, especially in Argentina. I've made thios point several times. I think Blear's third album could be better, but it's still well worth a listen.

The band continues grunge/punk traditions of the 90's, but occasionally feels alright for the modern day. Their lyrics need some work (it's all in English), but their music is just fine, and seems to be all about what grunge stood for. The final track, “Snake Lice,” is the best, carrying a slight grungegaze feel but remaining quite badass. There's not much I can really say about this short little album except that I recommend it for a listen or two, just to discover them and possibly hear their other albums.

77/100

Now I shall recommend Argentine grunge for you.

1. Papa Inflable by Rip. This is one of the best grunge albums I have ever heard. Great songwriting, very true to grunge, and quite badass.
2. Vertice by Paramo – a grungegaze post-rock album that I reviewed recently. Great album with a very melancholic feel.
3. Nativo Radiactivo's Paraiso Espasmo – A psychedelic grunge metal work. 'Nuff said.
4. Poipe by Rip – A rare debut by Rip that's accessible on YT. Only 26 minutes.
5. Tierra Tribals' Adelanto 2015 – Alternative metal/grunge.
6. Traka Traka by El Otro Yo – A punk album.