Music Banter - View Single Post - Flat Earth Uprising?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #129 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
1 in 4 people believe the earth is only 6,000 years old too.

Reminds me of the time that Bill Nye (the science guy) was speaking at an event and noted that the moon was not its own light source and instead relied on reflecting light from the sun. A few in the crowd were incensed and booed him before storming out.

Just goes to show that 100% blind faith in the bible (i.e., ignorance) knows no bounds.
That is so true because many people who believe in God and read the Bible have no bounds in what they can do. They advance science, and do so with theories contrary to public opinion. Take for instance Nicolaus Copernicus who was a third order Dominican. He had faith in the bible and revolutionized the world with a theory that all but Flat Earthers and Fundamentalist believe in.

Quote:
The heliocentric model was advanced by Nicolas Copernicus back in the 1500’s. Before then, the Ptolemaic view of the universe held that the Earth was at the center of everything. It was a model that didn’t die easily. It was a model that didn’t die easily.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote