Music Banter - View Single Post - Smashing Pumpkins ****ing Suck Balls!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Like I said, they have some good songs, and I haven't listened to everything they've put out by a longshot, but after buying Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (worst. album title. ever.) I lost what interest I'd had in exploring them further. Like, I was convinced from the singles I liked that I'd love the album, but it just never clicked with me at all. I was still a non-metal pleb so I assumed I was just not getting it, but after a while I just had to admit that the album was boring as all ****. I'd honestly rather listen to a Nickelback album. They might be bland, but at least I don't find their music to be insufferable or trying to hard to the point that it actually becomes a chore to make it through a single song. Nickelback's poorly written songs are straight-forward enough that they aren't actually offensive to the ear, just a waste of time.
There's definitely some snooze in there. Corgan seemed to REALLY want to include strings and pianos to get his super smart boner off but there are some great tracks off that album like "Zero", "To Forgive", and "An Ode to No One".

Siamese Dream really is the album that I go back to. I hate "Tonight" but I love the fuzz that seems to exist all over the whole of the record. "Silverf*ck" is a great track.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote