Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #3656 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
It's the same way where I am. The only time you usually see kids outside these days is when they're with their parents. The ball fields, woods, and streets are kid-free the vast majority of the time unless the adults are hosting an event of some kind for them. When I was growing up there were kids running free from 9 to 9 most every day during the summer. Our parents had to call for us or go looking for us to get us to come home for lunch and/or dinner. The TV stations around here have been airing commercials for a few years, aimed at children, showing kids outdoors playing and telling them about all the fun they can have outside.
In my day the TV stations were telling us that outdoors was where the men in white vans were waiting with candy and bad touchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Basically it's just that, after they broke off from Mexico, they tried to go it alone for a few years as their own country and failed miserably because they couldn't fend off Mexico. So they came crying to the US begging to join this country.
And now it's the opposite?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote