Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #37675 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post

I think you're just trying to defend gaming by calling it a sport when you really don't have too. Video Games are art. They're great because it's an art that you can actually interact and manipulate. That doesn't mean it's a sport though. Writing six chapters of a novel isn't a sport. Watching nine movies in a row isn't a sport. Playing with a controller isn't a sport. I don't care what game you're playing.
I'm not defending anything. It's not just my opinion that thinks that eSports is a legitimate sport. It's been noticed as a legitimate sport.

Quote:
The US Government recognises esports players as professional athletes, at least where the granting of visas is concerned. But not everyone agrees. Despite ESPN dipping its toe into esports, its president John Skipper is distinctly lukewarm. “[esports] is not a sport,” he said, “it's a competition.
Quote:
eSports (also known as electronic sports, esports, e-sports, competitive (video) gaming, professional (video) gaming, or pro-gaming) is a form of sports where the primary aspects of the sport are facilitated by electronic systems
To say that you disagree with the notion that it is a sport is one thing, but to totally dismiss it given the amount of people that say that it is, is arrogance.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote