Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Music Hall
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Key

There are a lot of bands out there that I would consider more than worthy to see live. Some bands that I have seen live are actually far better in concert than they are in the studio. I'm speaking of Anathema right now, however.

Recently, I've been really into their Weather Systems album, which is much different than their earlier albums if you aren't familiar with the album yet. But it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of people would say it is. Some people just don't like change, but for some bands, change is a good thing, and in terms of this album, change has definitely been a good thing. They continued the sound they went with in Weather Systems to their follow up album Distant Satellites, and of course, it is such a fantastic listening experience that it's almost depressing that everyone hasn't heard it.

Anathema - Distant Satellites (2014)

I have derailed a little bit, since I've come here to post about this live performance of Untouchable Part I and Part II which are both featured on the Weather Systems album:

I was already in love with these two tracks when the album was released, but when I found this performance, I fell in love with the songs even more, which resulted in respecting the sound they went into a lot more. Definitely a great performance by a great band.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote