Music Banter - View Single Post - The Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 04:54 AM   #1112 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Ill do you one better Ill put it in the wow I CAN believe that news story thread.
Not sure why you couldn't just post it here. Anyway, I just took a look at it and saw the part you're talking about which you seem to be really mischaracterizing. Here it is for anyone who wants to read it:

Quote:
Pope Francis: Today, I don’t think that there is a fear of Islam as such but of ISIS and its war of conquest, which is partly drawn from Islam. It is true that the idea of conquest is inherent in the soul of Islam. However, it is also possible to interpret the objective in Matthew’s Gospel, where Jesus sends his disciples to all nations, in terms of the same idea of conquest.

In the face of Islamic terrorism, it would therefore be better to question ourselves about the way in an overly Western model of democracy has been exported to countries such as Iraq, where a strong government previously existed. Or in Libya, where a tribal structure exists. We cannot advance without taking these cultures into account. As a Libyan said recently, “We used to have one Gaddafi, now we have fifty.”

Ultimately, co-existence between Christians and Muslims is still possible. I come from a country where they co-habit on good terms. Muslims come to venerate the Virgin Mary and St George. Similarly, they tell me that for the Jubilee Year Muslims in one African country formed a long queue at the cathedral to enter through the holy door and pray to the Virgin Mary. In Central Africa, before the war, Christians and Muslims used to live together and must learn to do so again. Lebanon also shows that this is possible.
Sounds a lot more like he's comparing Christianity to Islam than Jesus to ISIS.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote