Music Banter - View Single Post - Flat Earth Uprising?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #135 (permalink)
RL Clown
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
Anyway, have at'er folks.
First off, thank you for making this thread. This thread is really important because it influences us to ask questions about the world we live in. It also persuades us to question the media from time to time. Secondly, I must say that both sides have some very strong and logical points (both the supporters of round earth science and the supporters of flat earth theory). I will start by choosing my side or my position. I believe that the earth is round. I believe that we live on a gigantic ball. The best argument I can come up with is a lunar eclipse... The shadow of the earth is projected on to the moon during a lunar eclipse. The shadow appears round. We know for a fact that this is the earth's shadow because the moon turns red during a lunar eclipse. Why does the moon turn red? When sunlight passes through the earth's atmosphere, the light gets filtered. Since earth has water, air, and dust, the blue color gets absorbed by earth's atmosphere. This explains why the sky is blue. On the other hand, the red light actually passes through. The red light reaches the moon; therefore the moon appears red. However I must admit that there are some statements that defy the laws of physics (this is coming from the position of the round earth view)... A person who supports the flat earth theory might argue that if earth were really a sphere, airplane pilots would have to constantly dip their nose downwards. Otherwise in an hour’s time or less, the pilot would find himself/herself floating in outer space. To be honest, I really DON'T KNOW how to argue against that point. There's another argument used by flat earth theory supporters (and this is a really good one)... If earth were really a ball, then one could quickly fly from Argentina to Australia simply by crossing Antartica. But apparently, that flight route does not exist. Why not? Well, this suggests that the earth may be flat after all. SOURCE: The Atlantean Conspiracy: 200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball
RL Clown is offline   Reply With Quote