Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #378 (permalink)
Key

Enter The Gungeon

When I talked about this game before, I hadn't actually experienced the game for myself, but I went ahead and bought the game today, so I can now give a legitimate First Impressions look into what I think of the game so far.

So, I will probably make this brief due to my previous post being a lot more lengthy, if you want to read that one as well, you can find it here: http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...ml#post1697242

Anyway, yes, I bought Enter The Gungeon today while it was on sale for the Steam Summer Sale, but even if it weren't on sale, I probably still would have paid full retail for it, if not more, because this game is absolutely fantastic. It exceeds the expectations I had for it, and those expectations were already pretty high due to watching a lot of people play the game already. You basically play as 1 of 4 selectable characters and you make your way into the "Gungeon" to fight mobs, and open chests to equip yourself for the tougher levels that lie ahead in a roguelike fashion. Just think of The Binding of Isaac with guns. I have to say after just buying it today, i'm not surprised at all that I've already got about 4 hours of gameplay into it. I'm probably even going to put even more than that today, as well as for the rest of the week. It's really caught my attention and could potentially be a game that I would rank very highly for my "Games I purchased this year" list, if I ever come to make a list like that.

Anyway, definitely do give the game a shot (pun intended) because i'm enjoying the hell out of it. If you're a fan of Nuclear Throne and are looking for a game that's a bit more polished than that, in a Binding of Isaac sort of roguelike fashion, this one is definitely up your alley.