Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #391 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
But there are pretty big problems with immigrants who don't obey the law.
This is why I brought up how important it is to enforce the laws.

Quote:
And while the reasons are complex and economic factors certainly play a huge role, culture is a big factor as well. And if you don't learn the language of your host country, are opposed to its culture, live in a parallel culture and therefore don't integrate at all, your economic situation will obviously suck, therefore leading to more immigrant crime as well.
Until we as a society are able to see that problem and implement measures against it, without resorting to ridiculous right-wing xenophobia of course, multi-culturalism won't really work.
I was going to bring up language, but I think that really depends on the area. In a rural area (as opposed to a metropolitan one), it's pretty easy to not integrate at all and get by with your own little isolated area. Learning the language is definitely helpful though. I also think that it's impossible not to assimilate to some degree if you live in a more populated area due to how massively influenced people are by their surroundings.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote