Music Banter - View Single Post - been IP Banned from RateyourMusic for using an MP3tag Plugin. Can anyone help me out?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 04:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
bulbasaur
ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ

i don't know rym's policy on plugins, but maybe that particular plugin (post-update) lands you an autoban because it strains the server with how quickly it's trying to access the data, which could be problematic if tons of people are using it. i'm not an expert on how that stuff works, though, so that's just a guess.

when i try to view goofle's page, it says " This account has been suspended", while yours just looks normal. is there any reason for that? if they won't unban your account, and you really feel like you did nothing wrong, you could make a new one and try to export and import the catalogue from your banned account into the fresh account. i'm just guessing your ip is dynamic, so it'll change eventually, and if not, you could try calling up your isp or going another route like maybe using a vpn plugin (if rym hasn't gone out of its way to try to blacklist those).

it's not ideal, but it's a decent alternative if you're that dedicated to the site. plus, isn't the rym team working on new sites anyway?