Music Banter - View Single Post - The quest for car!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

The Dodge Challenger!

The Challenger, Dodge`s historic flagship muscle car (or is it, I`ll get to that controversy later) Born in 1970 and resurrected from its 80`s grave in 2008, the Challenger was Dodge`s competitive answer to the Mustang and the Camaro.

The Good:

It looks super cool and it`s powerful... really powerful. If you opt for the Hellcat with the supercharged V8 Hemi engine that has up to 707Hp than you`ve just bought a car that can take out any non Dodge sports car under $100 grand on the dragstrip, as it does 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds, at a top speed of 199mph; that's faster than a 911. A speed that Plankton experienced first hand. (4.4 sec/176mph regular Challenger)

There is a lot hype out there that it can beat supercars like Ferrari and Lamborghini, and as romantic of a notion this is, it simply is not true. It can however beat some supercars, but because it's twin brother the Charger is actually faster off the quarter mile, I'll wait until I get to it.

All this and it is one of the least expensive sports cars out on the market, at price points of $27,990 - $38,990, for the Challenger or $50,190 - $63,490 for the Hellcat. At a standard $33,000, it`s slightly cheaper than the Mustang and quite a bit more cheaper than the costly Camaro.

For a muscle car it is also quite comfortable and spacious inside. Heated seats, and good foot room for people in the back seat, which at the end of the day is important, and finally J.D. Power gave it 5 stars in overall quality.

The Bad:

It may be cool looking but its big, almost too big for the eyes, it looks like a tank in comparison to other cars, and for someone who likes the nimble agility of a smaller car for parallel parking, the Challenger can`t be much fun.
Because its big, it`s also quite heavy, which makes it harder to handle on the road, though improvements have been made, and the heaviness also contributes to it being a gas guzzler. At an observed 16 mpg it`s on par with the Mustang, but it can come with a V6 engine that raises the mpg quite a bit. (15mpg Hellcat)

The Judgement:

Yes, I would buy one, although I have some reservations about the MPG, and its encumbersome body, it is the first car I shall put on my wishlist.

The list: The Dodge Challenger

William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote