Music Banter - View Single Post - Why is "Post-Punk" even considered "Punk"?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #96 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Could literally contradict everyone of these with just the essential punk acts

Do I start name dropping?

Edit1: to say that punk is 4/4 tempos is like ehhhh sort offfffff sometimesssss

if they even play in time ever usually a punk band is constantly lurching ahead of the beat that's essentially what the "out of control" sound boils down to

edit2: "bad vocalists" is subjective if you mean amateur/unprofessional vocalists yes but I covered that, supports the idea that Punk is just amateur attempts at different types of music
I'm sure there would be more people arguing with you, but after so long on this site we've all seen the "The Kinks Were Punk Before Punk Was Punk" dude come around about a million times and try to prove they're the most open-minded music snob around by arguing that punk is/is not this or that, and it's kind of hard to summon up the enthusiasm to start beating the dead horse again. But... you're wrong... and ****... eh.

All I ask is that you please refrain from starting a debate about 4'33". We've had quite enough of those.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 07-04-2016 at 01:16 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote