Music Banter - View Single Post - The quest for car!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 12:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
I love old late 60s/early 70s American muscle cars and MPG has yet to turn me off of daily driving classics but I'm actually quite surprised at how low the fuel mileage is for the new flagship muscle cars you've posted above, for the most part I've ignored the resurgence of muscle car models because I simply don't like the new designs, but I was expecting them to be around ~20 MPG at least. There are many people out there driving '68s with lightly tuned carbureted small block V8s getting ~20 MPG, nowhere near the horsepower of the newer models but what they lack in horses they certainly make up for in style and serviceability.
Hey Epoch6 I'm glad you brought up the fuel mileage, as that did present me with a bit of a dilemma, as I'm found the dealership's stats to be inflated, so I'm relying on well established car review sights instead. Here are the sources where I get most of my info. I've been using the observed MPG off of Car and Driver.

Dodge Challenger Reviews - Dodge Challenger Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver

2016 Dodge Challenger Pricing, Specs & Reviews | J.D. Power Cars

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Powe...del=Challenger

I was surprised about the MPG as well, but I met a guy who owned a regular Challenger and he told me it was a hog on gas, which is why I have reservations about buying one.

Anyways I'm just doing this for fun, I'm not a gearhead, I can do minor car repairs but I can't take apart an engine, so if you see something that doesn't sit right please let me know, cheers.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote