Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rock Album Survivor Reviews Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #211 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Abbey Road by the Beatles.

Well, it's often argued which is the best Beatles album. The general consensus will usually be one of four of their albums: Sgt. Pepper (my fave), Revolver, White, or Abbey Road with the last two mostly duking it out. Personally, I think Sgt. and White are better, but Abbey Road does deserve most of the hype it gets. I mean, Beatles are one of the most fun, sunshiney, and psychedelic bands one could ask for. It's easy to see why they're loved, and considered to be overrated.

Abbey Road shows off some of the Beatles' most resonating pieces of soft, poppy goodness, even though it doesn't express the same creative level as Sgt. The best tracks include She's So Heavy with it's fantastic guitar work (although I'd like more lyrics), Come Together which is notable for it's deep tone and its Aerosmith cover which might be better, Octopus's Garden with its innocent and childish behavior, and Never Give Me Money with the absolute love for the psychedelic/sunshine pop vibes. The album keeps its ultra-fun and fantastic aura throughout, even if every song is different.

Not their best album, but one of their most notable. I'm really glad I got to listen to this again after all of the Beatles songs were taken off of Youtube.

92/100. It's a great album, but I have a few other priorities on the popp rock list.