Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor Archives
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #297 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

I never said live albums were a genre. And I never said anything about coddling me. All I wanted was an explanation. I can still argue his point of a live album list being ridiculous. And I put care into that album. I selected ones that were of easy acces, even for people how can't download things. That's why I left off Band of Gypsies since I was unable to find it after long searching through the internet. Sure, it might not have been the best live list, but I was also going for bands who were a little under-represented. That's why I included the Rolling Stones album.

And if you're done misreading my posts, you'd prebably like to hear this point I've made multiple times already: I never cared whether it got on or not, and I'm not annoyed or upset in anyway for it not getting on. The point of continuing this argument was to argue the "ridiculousness" when 70's and 80's arena rock is even more ridiculous, especially considering that the guy who's defending those two lists is also the guy who argued against those lists on the original point: Technic. Arena Rock isn't a genre. It's the real ridiculous term here, just a term for radio-friendly rock that sounds good in a stadium. By that logic, Arena rock is far more accepting than alternative and has little to no limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm still not hearing intellectualism. And I think my abuse towards all your ideas has been predicated on smarty ****.
The guy who admittedly steers away from intellectualism is telling me what it is?