Music Banter - View Single Post - Why is "Post-Punk" even considered "Punk"?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #145 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
So their kmusic is for people who can't write songs, but just have fun with it? I think it works better for Family Force Five. All I'm saying is, if I want to have fun with songs that aren't their for writing quality, I'd at least like them to be different from each other.

And to be fair, concerning Wire, Clash, Sex Pistols, and many others, I'd say they knew how to write a hell of a lot better than the Ramones. OIn fact, I honestly felt the Ramones albums got better up to "It's Alive."
Yeah that's pretty much it. It might take time to get into them - I myself only kinda liked them until one night when it all just clicked and I was just punching the air while lying in bed at around two in the morning - but they're one of those bands where you either really get it or you really don't.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote