Music Banter - View Single Post - 2Pac vs. Biggie
Thread: 2Pac vs. Biggie
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 04:53 AM   #54 (permalink)
pdpeart
Music Addict

Everyone keeps saying that Pac was a hypocrite, but that's the thing no one man can be only one thing.
Sometimes we feel like crying, sometimes we feel like hugging our mums, sometimes we feel like helping the community, sometimes we just want to party, sometimes you just want to knock a bum out.
That's the beauty of being human we are allowed to make mistakes and learn and grow from them.
Us Humans are walking, talking contradictions full stop.
That was the whole thing about Pac, you felt like he was human just like you because he was always making mistakes, always saying the wrong thing and putting his foot in it,
A lot of people are popping off saying he was this and he was that, but I urge everyone to watch Ressurection, the film about his life which has him speaking very openly and honestly about his life, successes and failures.
Now I personally never felt Biggie emotionally, he always just sounded like he was telling stories(the stories were dope don't get me wrong), he never moved me, never made me think, his true CRAFT when you REALLY listen to him had no depth or substance, it was the same thing that everyone talks about, money, cash, hoes, living in the ghetto and getting out of the ghetto.
That's it.
Pac grew up flat broke his mum was a junkie he moved house and hoods like Kids change their underwear.
And you can hear it in his art he knows what it is to truly suffer and go without but STILL keep a smile on your face. Biggie's mum was a succesfull teacher and could afford to comfortably send Chris to private school and I personally hear that in his rhymes.
(Pac had to drop out of his art school which he was able to go to for a couple years).
Now for me Biggie was a much better RAPPER and LYRICIST.
But Tupac was so much more then just a RAPPER he was a complete ARTIST with a vast and varied catalogue of work.
The reason all the stuff that's been released since his death Bar Makavelli all sound the same was because they were all recorded around the same time(after All Eyes On Me and before Makevelli).
And the reason his mum allows his albums to be released is because the revenue funds the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center For The Arts.
www.TASF.org