Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor Archives
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #354 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Canterbury Scene

1. Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom
2. Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink
3. Soft Machine - Volume Two
4. Hatfield and the North - The Rotters' Club
5. Khan - Space Shanty
6. Steve Hillage - Fish Rising
7. National Health - Of Queues and Cures
8. Supersister - To the Highe$t Bidder
9. Picchio dal Pozzo - Picchio dal Pozzo
10. Gong - You

This one's pretty set in stone, but you can make suggestions anyways if you really care. After I post the updated Avant-Prog list (and perhaps Canterbury Scene), I will put this one on the roster.

Avant-Prog

1. Kultivator - Barndomens Stigar or U Totem - U Totem
2. Henry Cow - Legend/Unrest/In Praise of Learning
3. Etron fou Leloublan - Batelages
4. Present - High Infidelity/Barbaro
5. Art Zoid - Musique pour l'Odyssée
6. Univers zéro - Hérésie
7. Samla Mammas Manna - Måltid
8. Aqsak Maboul - Un peu de l'âme des bandits
9. Area - Arbeit macht frei
10. Thinking Plague - In This Life

Okay, with this one we have some options. First off, the three Henry Cow albums were suggested by Frown, JGuy, and RYM respectively, so deliberate about that one. I had a similar conundrum with Present, but with only two albums, so again deliberate. The #1 spot could be taken by either of the two albums listed there, so just let me know which one you think is better. You'll also notice that besides a few other albums of less note, both Magma and The Mothers of Invention were removed from both lists. In Magma's case, we already have a Zeuhl list, and I'd like to keep Zeuhl there only. In Mothers of Invention's case, I have trouble putting them on an Avant-Prog list (as they tend to have little to do with that scene anyways), and I think Zappa's already well enough represented on other lists, and if I can get other artists in here then I will. K thanks.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.

Last edited by TechnicLePanther; 07-09-2016 at 09:40 AM.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote