Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #619 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I don't think I've ever so obsessed over a news story as I have over Brexit, which is, after all, an unprecedented upheaval to Britain.

First, I'd like to agree with Heseltine's comments about Boris Johnson, ( "a general who leads his troops into battle and then deserts the battlefield" ). Coupled with Farage's step down it looks really ominous; the two most vocal supporters of Leave are afraid to face the consequences of what they have called into being. Way to go guys! Great PR for bolstering world confidence in the UK!

Meanwhile the pound continues to drop like a stone, but the goal of reducing net immigration is now revealed to be a very complex issue that may never be realised. So we are in line for all the damage and none of the benefits of voting Leave.

On the other hand, I came across this quote which Jean Claude Junkers made last year, when Greece was in rebellion against the financial strictures that the EU was placing on it. He explained that the EU financiers didn't have to listen to the Greek people; that they had no mandate from the Greeks and did not have to answer to them. "Don't believe that if you vote for a new government or a new agenda you can change anything. There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties."

It seems like the only thing worse than being out of the EU is being in it.

PS : Yes! Emma Watson for Prime Minister!