Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 01:42 AM   #449 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
I admit, I am reading US news services and am surprised that more people of different colours are not taking part in these huge protests that they are having in the US atm. Ok, sure there are picture of the token white guy/girl standing next to a black person to show their support but in the larger protests, it really does not seem like that many are participating. I could be completly wrong though as I am not in the US so I cannot see these protests except through pictures/films.
I honestly don't know where these protests are happening unless I see them on the news. If they've happened where I live (Virginia, pretty much in the direct middle of the East Coast) then they weren't big enough to make any kind of splash. Our country is the size of a small continent that is bigger than China, and our people are spread out so far that a protest in New York, or Chicago, or wherever, is almost the same as news reports about the muslim riots in France years ago. The distance from one end of the country to the other is literally just over two thousand miles.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote