Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 02:10 AM   #451 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
I understand that. But they are happening in cities, not in the middle of Wyoming. Why are they not more multiracial? And you do have mass transportation in the US (although perhaps online protests are more diverse). I also realize that I am not going to just say "all lives matter" in this case. Black people are not treated in the same way as whites. It happens all over the world. But living in this century, we should be supporting each other.
Years ago I was talking to some black people about why they weren't more into conscious rap, and the answer I generally got was that "**** sucks so much all of the time that we just want to forget about it and have fun." If a large portion of the black community feel this way, and I believe they do, then just imagine how all the other races who are not as directly affected by this feel.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote