Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #381 (permalink)
Key

Pokemon Go

I am more than willing to admit when i'm wrong, especially when its about a game that has gained a lot of hype over the past couple days. I wasn't a huge fan of the game when it was released, so I sort of dismissed it. Then, everybody and their mother was posting about it on Facebook, so I gave it another shot. Before I knew it, my battery had gotten down to nearly dead and I had caught a **** ton of Pokemon, and I admit it, i've been having a great time doing it. This is one of the few times when something was hyped so much, and it actually has delivered, for the most part. If you're living under a rock and you don't know what this game is, well...it's basically like being your own trainer on your phone, and catching Pokemon in a pretty clever way. It manipulates your camera and puts Pokemon into your world, and you get to catch them. Granted, the game does have it's issues, but that's to be expected due to it both being a free app with in game purchases, and still being in it's beta form. There's been a lot of instances of the servers not working properly, but that's probably due to the massive amount of players on it right now. I've even seen people playing this and I know for a fact that they're not even a fan of Pokemon, at all. But it's nice to see that the game is doing so well. Hopefully that will mean there will be more motivation to make the game better.

I'm one of the few that thinks the game is good the way it is currently, but there's been a lot of people and I mean a LOT of people complaining that the game isn't anywhere near what they were expecting. I'm honestly surprised that Nintendo was able to put out a game that is as cool as this one. Again, it's got it's issues, but it hasn't kept me from enjoying it, especially since I was able to catch one of my all time favorite Pokemon right in my front yard:

Of course...it would be nice to be able to make dinner in peace again, instead of being rudely interrupted...

At the end of the day, it's a game that people will either have fun with, or they won't. I'm definitely having a good time with it, and I hope the hype for it continues.