Music Banter - View Single Post - Weird Oldish Song
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Roysh
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Batman View Post
Hey guys, just signed up.
right so theres a song thats been stuck at the back of my head for a long time, and all i can recall are vague random bits, I don't really expect anyone to be able to identify it but ive tried everything else and this a final hail mary.
I heard this song on VHS, recorded from MTV in late 90s, i was quite young so forgive the awful recollection.

in the music video the singer (young slim white dude) is falling upwards (hes falling backwards like hes leaning back but its reversed)
the video keeps switching between random events, theres a girl licking a mirror (it keeps looping backwards and repeated) theres a guy standing still as a bunch of guys are charging him with bats, just as theyre about to reach him it loops back and plays again. I think theres a guy jumping off a high pier (again like the other bits its looped) and theres a train in there I think?

as for the actual song, the style is sort of similar to beck (loser) but its faster.
the parts of the lyrics I remember are from the chorus, which is "all that you know, all that you see, all that you kiss (and the kiss part is repeated over and over as a harmonica comes in)
I'm not sure how accurate those lyrics are since my search with those lyrics has turned up absolutely nothing and I was just starting to learn english then.

so yeah there you go, sorry if its a hefty read thought I'd lay out all the bits I remember. and if you've reached here thanks for taking the time to read it
Are you sure it's a song from the 90's?
Roysh is offline   Reply With Quote