Music Banter - View Single Post - The quest for car!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

General Motors

The Corvette Stingray & Z06

The Corvette is by far North America's most enduring and infamous supercar, and with the Dodge Viper going out of production in 2017, and the Ford GT-40 being beyond the reach of but a few select individuals, it will soon once again be the only American supercar on the market.

The Good:

The price, at $56,000 ($80,000 for the Z06) it is cheaper than any other supercar on the market, and yet it can compete with many of the high priced performance cars, which is why we love American cars. We love them because they are the great underdog, the revolutionary rabble of the United States going up against the high brow engineers of Europe, and while the Corvette would most likely get whipped by a Ferrari around the race track, I've got stats on the 2016 Z06, beating the Porsche 911 GT3 around the Laguna Seca raceway, despite having less power on the straight away, which begs the question, how good are American cars getting with their suspension and braking?

Finally for those motor enthusiasts, the super powered ZR1 Corvette will be returning to the market in 2017, but unlike other Corvette's it will have a hefty price tag at ($150,000) still relatively cheap though for a car that will be competing with Ferrari and Lamborghini.

The Bad:

Oversteer; classic American sports cars are known for their oversteer and understeer in comparison to their European counterparts. It's a two seater, so it's a play car, and Z06 is a bit of a gas guzzler, however the regular Corvette's MPG isn't as bad as I would have thought, and both are better than the Viper and GT40.

The Judgment:

Maybe yes for you but no for me. It's more than I would ever want to spend on a car, it's a two seater, and people are probably going to think I'm crazy, but I've never been a big fan of its body shape, the next car on the list however, is one of my favourite cars of all time!!!

Older Top Gear episodes

William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote