Music Banter - View Single Post - Museum Musica
Thread: Museum Musica
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #357 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

I'm not sure what to say about this album. It's amazing in spots, but there seem to be some filler songs. I know it's sacrilegious to many die-hard fans to criticize Zep in any way, but I just found that the last couple songs didn't rise to the level of "In the Light" or "Kashmir", making the album therefore feel unbalanced. It's not like Zep III or IV which command my full attention from beginning to end. Having written all this, it's hard to beat "Kashmir" when it comes to Zep songs, though. Absolute genius! I got the deluxe CD of this album for Christmas last year. So fun!
Hey I don't care about criticizing Zeppelin. I love a lot of their ****, but I think a lot of their attempts at folk are dull and awkward. I can't even stand listening to "Stairway to Heaven", but "Communication Breakdown" is still one of my favorite songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedvesem View Post
Sir tells me people dislike these guys, but I do not understand why. If one likes prog rock, these guys are as proggy as it gets. What's not to like?
I'm only just getting into prog, but I've already come around to Yes, King Crimson, and Rush. ELP however just aren't enjoyable to listen to.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote