Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #17135 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
I was struggling with depression from age 14-18, so my parents dropped me off at an institution and I spent the last 5 years of my adolescence living in hospitals. The most regrettable element (pure cultural isolation aside), was that patients of all ages were huddled together in one room for schooling and the teaching volunteer "taught down" to the slowest student in the room. Still, I managed to graduate valedictorian of my district (having self-taught my way through high school), which was honestly preferable to the nightmare it would have been to attend it in real time.

I like to think that I'm stronger for it. But indeed - I've much culture to catch up on.
I was never in an institution, but from 3rd to the first half of 8th grade I got chucked into the "Emotionally Disturbed" class at my schools. Sounds far more ominous than it really was, as it was just a name so vague that the schools could justify stuffing all the problem kids in with the retards -- who the class was really designed around -- in what was essentially a forgotten dungeon of rejects they could ignore. So for almost six years I was taught at least two levels below my grade.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote