Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 05:59 AM   #603 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
black metal should be interesting .....
I got three out of four so far, I'm looking for one more Black Metal band and I'm set. What are some heavy metal bands that are in the blackness sub-genre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
Freak Folk was suggested a few days before the round startef. Plus, I made it very clear from the start I didn't want another wouldn't use another punk genre do soon.
I may have to reread that a couple of time to understand what you just typed. I wasn't jonesing for either a Folk Punk or Freak Folk big four. Just from my perspective I saw more people mention Folk Punk. Maybe you should had done Folk Punk as "Rogue Folk" this way you could avoid any redundancies in genre/sub-genre titles. If you do Black Metal next isn't that doing the same thing you said you were trying to avoid? You just got done doing Nu Metal last week.

So I guess we have to wait awhile before a big four of Freak Beat bands? (of course if it was put to a vote) But I don't think it should really matter cause Freak Beat music ain't really the same as Freak Folk, that's if you go by what a sub-genre sounds like, not by the sub-genre titles.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote