Music Banter - View Single Post - The transcendence of music
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Take it from one whio's done something similar what you've done. Your attempts at judging music has transcended into a more experienced form where you just have to listen to it to understand it and enjoy it. The same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I started out about 4 years ago as a simple aspiring critic. People often got annoyed by how I would analyze things. Well, it eventually evolved into a "second nature" and I never really had to do much thinking to critically rate it. Instead of picking it apart and taking my time, My brain would pick it apart immediately upon listening to the music and put every single little detail in short-term memory for me. Overall, I reached the point where I didn't have to disect something to understand it, and I almost immediately understand a greaty album now.

I think you're going through something similar. Basically, you have dissected so many frogs that you're entirely familiar with how a frog works, no matter how different each frog may be. And by frogs, I mean music. Basically, you never started out as a guy who just listened to it. You wanted to understand why it was good, right? Well, you've likely gotten to the point where you don't need to spend so much time thinking about it, and the ability to "get" the album has become a second nature experience instead of a thought process. I'd say that's a good thing. Your mentally able to immediately dissect and put back together music as you listen to it.