Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 03:15 AM   #529 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Holy **** damn. After reading Captain Britain in Excalibur I wanted to go check out Alan Moore's Captain Britain run, but found out that I was missing the first few issues. So to while away the time until I could download them I started on Moore's Miracleman.

How can anyone be such a genius? Within a few issues I'd realized where Neil Gaiman got the idea for Sandman. Alan Moore takes an old, obscure, disused character from the fifties and, while keeping the continuity intact, tears the character down 100 feet below his foundations to recreate him in a way that makes you feel like you've never read a superhero story before. Moore is simply the undisputed king of superhero deconstruction.

To anyone who digs Alan Moore this comic is for you, to all you who've read Watchmen but don't really **** with comics otherwise, this will knock your socks off just as hard. This is a STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GO READ THIS **** RIGHT NOW recommendation.

That good? I only know Alan Moore's mainstream stuff. (Killing joke, Watchmen, V For Vendetta). He's that good? Never even heard of miracle man.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote