Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 09:48 AM   #17171 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
You can skip Ghostbusters II, but the rest you need to get on asap.
Don't listen to him. You will miss out on a cool villian if you skip that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post

Watched Batman V Superman. Mostly a muddled mess but still some killer action and fight scenes.
I agree. A bunch of cool moments here and there but it's not very well tied together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I think making a good Warcraft movie would have ensured Duncan's success as one of the greatest directors ever. He had a lot of critical success with Moon and Source Code, and making the first legit good video game movie would have been a milestone in the film insustry. Well, it's possible he went the Michael Bay route, and I can only hope for him this doesn't affect is career in the future.
I loved the Warcraft movie for what it was. Why do you think it was a bad movie besides what the stupid critiques said about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I also thought this was better than expected. I'm also a little bummed they didn't continue the story with new characters, but considering the vibe is so much different, I think that's ok. Actually, the vibe and style of comedy was the most disappointing part - it was very modern and fitting with the styles of the comedians, but it was more a surreal satire while the originals were grounded in realism (with extraordinary things happening around them, of course) and the characters just happened to have great comedic timing. THAT is what made the original such a classic.
If you want a continue story, you have to look to one of the GhostBusters video games that came out. They did a really good job continuing the story. I'm so glad they didn't tarnish it by doing that on the big screen. I like the update, modern style and everything else about it. The classic is still the classic and doesn't need to have it be told the same way with being grounded in realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I expected all the action to be really blurry, but it actually mostly worked pretty well.
If you want blurry action just go watch a Bourne movie.

I did last night and it was typical Bourne fare. If you liked any of the Bourne movies, you'll love this latest entry.

I like that Bourne movies are known for car chase scenes and the blurry action BS. I ended up going to it late and had to sit like in the second row from the front so it was a bit rough.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote