Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metal Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 12:26 AM   #95 (permalink)
The Overlord
Groupie

get off the sabbath topic for ****s sake who cares they were metal there probably not now too old too drugged havnt had an original idea in ages, they wore leather they were heavy they had big guitar tone who cares who care

now here are some bands i care about and seeing this post is about genres, now pretending that metal isnt just metal could someone please define the following

DAmaged especially the albums: do not spit and token remedies research what is this? its not grind its not death metal, but its really heavy and really fast and exceptionatly brutal the drummer is debatedly one of the best.
Fantomas they are heavy (****ing heavy live) they have one of the most influnential metal drummers but they arnt considered metal so what are they??
i want to know seeing this forum is about sub genres what these two bands are and while were at it whats dimmu borgir these days and cryptopsy.
if you dont have damaged then dont bother ever posting on a metal forum again because they are just the band who fear factory and pantera bowed there heads too when they were at there peak, even though damaged never got paid.
And yes we all know that sub genres were made my bands who probably played a riff from another sub genre in the sub genre they were trying to belong too for example a thrash band played a punk riff or a death metal riff in a song and therefore couldnt define themselves as thrash any more so they are now...hate core? and yes sometimes these sub genres take off, personally i cant buy a record of sub genres because if i buy a great death metal cd why would i buy all these other death metal albums if they are going to sound exactly the same, every now and then a band emerges that impresses me but i usually dont have time to buy all the copycats, for example (i like exampling today) cryptopsy or meshuggah how many bands are ripping them off now? too many im not going to buy there records
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote