Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Music Hall
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
Key

Rob Zombie - The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser
Release Date: April 29, 2016

I have to admit, 2016 is turning out to be a very strange year for music, for me personally. I mean, I'm listening to albums by artists that I don't really like, and I'm enjoying it. Then i'm listening to albums by artists I do like, and I'm hating them. Not to mention there is quite a bit of music coming out in the first place, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get to all of it before the year is over. There's still some albums I'm looking forward to, and some i'm still discovering. Rob Zombie's recent release of The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser is one of those albums that I didn't even know existed, until recently.

Here's the thing. I generally don't have any expectations for Rob Zombie albums because from what I've noticed, you either really hate his work, or you love. And I'm of the opinion that he can be a pretty solid musician if done correctly. When Educated Horses was released back in 2006, I was all over it. When Hellbilly Deluxe 2 came out in 2010, I wasn't too thrilled with the whole album, but it had some shining moments. Venemous Rat Regeneration Vendor in 2013 and that one was rough at the start, but then I grew to really like it. Now, we get onto The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser which was released this year in April. First of all, can i just say what the **** is up with the ridiculous album title? I mean, at first I thought it was a bit creative, but now it's really annoying, especially when I'm writing this review and I have to mention the album title multiple times. So, here's the thing. This is probably the first time I've listened to a Rob Zombie for the first time and instantly I said "what the **** happened?" I actually said that a few times while I listened to the album, because that's literally the only thought I could put together while listening to it. Seriously, Rob, what the **** happened? This album is a mess. And I don't use that word lightly. When I listen to an album regardless, I do like the album to flow nicely, or at least flow a little bit, but this...this is just a mess. It's as if he said "**** it" and put a bunch of **** in a garbage can and called it an album. Honestly, that's what it feels like. Did I mention it's only a half hour long? Yeah, it's 31 minutes long. So don't expect any of the tracks to extend past 2 or 3 minutes. The issue with that of course is that the album seems rushed, especially when there are 12 tracks on it. Do the math.

So, The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser, I'm sorry, but you'll probably be one of my most disappointing albums of 2016, because I was really expecting something a little bit more. Not something like this. Luckily, we still have Educated Horses and the like, but man...way to be a sellout Rob. This album sounds like it belongs on the radio, and that's not a good thing. There's really not a lot more to say, because I didn't really like any of the tracks on the album. I forced myself to listen to them because I wanted to be fair, but I wasn't going to waste anymore time with it.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote