Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Music Hall
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Key

I'm doing something in this journal that is a little bit out of my comfort zone, but at the same time, I'm excited to do it. I'm going to be diving into Grateful Dead's discography. I've never listened to any of their albums, and I've been making claims about their music without actually listening to them. I don't think that's fair, especially since I like to base my opinions on music on a "need to listen first" basis. So, that's what I'm going to do. Grateful Dead is a band i've been a little afraid to dive into because I know there are some hardcore fans of the band, so I don't want to do any injustice to them. However, I can't guarantee I'm going to enjoy every album, but while I'm doing this, i'm opening my mind to something I've not really listened to before, which in itself is very exciting. Don't worry, my album reviews for the year are still going to be here, but this will be an extra thing I can talk about. Keep in mind, I'm going to do my best to give them the most in depth reviews I can, but I'm not the greatest at doing so. Whether they'll go over well or not is one thing, but it's more for personal gain, and that's exciting as well. Plus, since they've apparently got the progressive rock / blues / country rock tag to them, that's an even more reason to give them a first listen. So, strap yourselves in, this'll be quite the ride. I'll be doing the album reviews as I listen to them, and I plan to listen to them in order of release, so I'll be starting with the first, and going to the last.

If I can do this, I plan to do this for more artists that I really didn't give my time to, or artists that I feel deserve a second chance. We'll see how this goes, but I plan to finish it. I'm not going to leave albums out.

Grateful Dead Reviewed
The Grateful Dead (1967)
Anthem of the Sun (1968)
Aoxomoxoa (1969)
Live/Dead (1969)
Workingman's Dead (1970)
American Beauty (1970)
Grateful Dead (Skull & Roses) (1971)
Europe '72 (1972)
History of the Grateful Dead, Volume One (Bear's Choice) (1973)
Wake of the Flood (1973)
From the Mars Hotel (1974)
Blues for Allah (1975)
Steal Your Face (1976)
Terrapin Station (1977)
Shakedown Street (1978)
Go to Heaven (1980)
Reckoning (1981)
Dead Set (1981)
In the Dark (1987)
Dylan & the Dead (1989)
Built to Last (1989)
Without a Net (1990)

Last edited by Key; 08-06-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote