Music Banter - View Single Post - Music you have overplayed, resulting in burnout?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shadou Dan
Music Addict

Default Music you have overplayed, resulting in burnout?

A topic that came to mind earlier when I was commenting on another thread. I'm sure we all have something that we just can't bring ourselves to listen to voluntarily, due to overplay.

Could be an album you spent a whole summer playing on repeat, or even an artist's discography you became obsessed with at one point, and enjoyed it to death.

My burnout list includes both. When I was a tween, I became obsessed with Metallica, and AC/DC and played most of their albums to death over a 2 year period. I have also had other periods of my life in which I over played an artist, song or album.

Examples of which include;

*Most albums by Metallica.
*Most albums by AC/DC (especially Back in Black, and Stuff Upper Lip.
*Stunt by Barenaked Ladies.
*Throwing Copper by Live.
*Every Pearl Jam album.
*Four by Blues Traveler.
*Clayman by In Flames.
*Out of Time by R.E.M.
*Mechanical Animals by Marilyn Manson.
*Every Korn album.

That's pretty much it off the top of my head. I've been able to gradually come back and listen to some of those as I've gotten older, and I don't quite have that kind of experience with music I listen to now.

I'm interested to know what the fine people of MB have experienced in terms of music burnout, and how it got to that point.

Also, I've been using Spotify to check out a lot of the music being discussed here, and have discovered that I like some of it, lol.

Anyway...
Shadou Dan is offline   Reply With Quote