Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 04:17 AM   #624 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

You gotta put effort into it if you want to stay open minded these days, I think. As teenagers, in decades passed, we listened to the albums we had many times - even if we didn't think they were the greatest thing ever. It's what we had, so we listened to them until we liked them, or until we got tired of them.

Now, we literally have a world of music at our fingertips. This means we have to decide actively to spend a portion on our listening time on stuff we're not immediately all that impressed by.

I try to come back to all sorts of artist again here and there, just to see if I was wrong or right in my first reaction. All genres get a chance again on a rare occassion, if I'm feeling adventurous. I could just stick to what I know and complain that all that new stuff isn't as good as what I know already. This of course would guarantee that I wouldn't find all those amazing artists I never knew I could love.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote