Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 08:47 AM   #3965 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Free education for black Americans? Interesting idea, but it would never happen. People aren't going to vote to have their taxes raised if doesn't benefit them, particularly if they see it's going to put them at an competitive disadvantage, relative to another group in society. Even if you took the money from the defense budget, it would most likely cause animosity amongst other racial groups, not just whites.

People only have political power in so much that the Democrats or Republicans need your vote. The Democrats have had Black Americans solidly in their corner since the 1960's, so unless they threaten on mass to vote Republican if they don't get free education, no movement on that front will ever happen. Even if they did, the Democrats would risk losing solidly white working class states like Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin over the issue, I imagine California, Florida and New Mexico would be at risk to.

As someone who is paying off the indentured servitude of student loans, I'm a strong advocate of free post secondary education for everyone, but that is a reality in North America that will never happen. (Canada or the US) so the best we can opt for is bursaries for people coming from low income backgrounds. That and voting for parties that will lower tuition for everyone.
Exactly it will never happen. I don't know why other people are getting their panties twisted in a bunch over it. It's an unrealistic lofty dream that won't happen.

Reparations should have happened so long ago when the event actually occurred about banning slavery. Lincoln should have included it with the release of slaves.

Personally, I would much rather prefer my 40 acres and a mule which by today's standards should be a deed to some land and a car. I don't car if said car is a KIA but they would probably go america and give us a Ford Focus or something along those lines.

The only people that should be entitled to reparations are direct descendants of slaves and the only ones that should be footing the bill are people that are directly connected to slave owners. I know they would bitch moan and complain about paying for the sins of their fathers but your fathers fucked up and you gotta pay ho.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote