Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #834 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

That was facetiousness bro. I might not know what the "90's hip hop" sound is, but seeing as how we already have a discussion on what qualifies as a 90's band, and determining which bands have that "sound" would take up a lot of time and discussion, it would make the votes questionable. I'm not going to tackle that. Hip hop genres will be big enough for me to have my hands full. I'm not going to create some "list" of eligible golden age bands when people will complain about that as well. If people want me to separate it, I'll go with the already pre-determined genres that aren't extremely broad, such as boom bap, hardcore, jazz rap, pop rap, g-funk, cruck, memphis rap, instrumental hip hop, etc.

Plus, I see no point in limiting a big four of anything by decade. I can see why the Big 4 of Thrash is all 80's and prog is all 60's bands that got big in the 70'[s, but this is a game and it's not meant to be taken too seriously. ANd if I am takinfg it too seriously, it does feel like most people aren't taking it seriously at all.

Last edited by JGuy Grungeman; 08-11-2016 at 05:55 PM.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote