Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #2429 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Vote for a third party that better represents your interests.
Might as well stay home. Same as throwing your vote away on someone who doesn't have a hope in hell. Someday you will grow up and understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Being a wife is not political experience.
Being a 'first' wife is a political experience. She was most likely one of his closest advisers for those 8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Yes, and a better life for the next generation of kids is not up to choosing between two evils. It's about teaching them the freedom of choice and thought when two examples are not good. Teaching people to focus more on a third party candidate is actually better for the political system.
If a third part did well enough in the primaries and I agreed with their values, and I think I wouldn't be tossing my vote in the toilet, I'd vote for them. Hasn't happened yet. The two party system is here to stay for a number of reasons.

The two party system governs themselves. Gives themselves the power.

People love the two sided fighting and bickering that happens every election cycle between red and blue. It's like a drug in many ways.

Us vs. them. Up vs. down. Left vs. right. Yankees vs. Red Sox. Ali vs. Frazier. Bird vs. Magic. People love Mano Y Mano.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”