Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #922 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
OK, honestly how many Blues guys do you know that you know and listened to that have names like "Mississippi ... "

Your explanation sounds pretty stock, like if you got it from Wikipedia, perhaps abridged it or got it from another site. You say you "know very well what delta blues is." Yet you fail to mention that Howlin' Wolf is Chicago Blues. I don't know if Frownland was testing you there and you failed. It's possible he believes if someone is born in Mississippi that automatically makes him a Delta Blues artist regardless what style of music he plays.

Now when I didn't know much about those other genres and gave the best answers I could give yet you totally dismissed those bands; didn't even count them. You hold double standards.
A: I heard one Howlin Wolf album and I don't remember much about it.
B: I was talking about the sound, not the musicians. I figured he might have done one delta blues album.
C: Like when? Most of the ones you nominatef on other genres didn't get enough votes from everyone else, so they wouldn't win. I've counted plenty of your votes. I keep a chart of all of the votes, and I've added your votes every time your votes met the criteria. I'm too busy to deal with this now.
D: I'm mentally worn from a couple hectic days, so I'm gonna relax for the night before handling it.

Last edited by JGuy Grungeman; 08-14-2016 at 12:27 PM.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote