Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Progressive Punk really an oxymoron?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 06:09 PM   #93 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
But that's the point. Punk didn't really start anywhere. It was a series of tenuously, at best, connected scenes that were all jiving on Iggy Pop and Velvet Underground. If an American scene had the first band then that's really just a technicality, cause the whole **** show that was the punk movement started in Britain.
Lol, your wasting your time with elphenor Batlord, she's not the brightest light in the tool shed. You could argue with her all night and she'll just keep changing the goal posts.

The New York scene would have been confined to the historic dustbins of obscurity if it wasn't for the London punk explosion, and the term punk was not widely used to describe music until Caroline Coon applied it to the British punk scene, and the media ran with it.

Punk is dead and I'm happy it is, because when musical genres stick around to long they begin to suck!!!

I'd jump back into this argument, but I've got better things to do than argue with someone who romanticizes a 40 year old musical genre in 2016. life is short.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote