Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 07:00 PM   #17285 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I only really have personal ties to the X-men franchise (used to read them as a kid), so I wish they got their hands on the rights again. Bryan Singer did allright though - even if the newest one is supposedly a bit of a mess (haven't seen it).
The newest one is garbage. It's to the new movies what X3 was to the first trilogy. And they're never going to give X-Men back. Part of all of the movie deals was that the companies with the rights had to make a movie every so many years in order to maintain the rights. That's why that ****ty Fantastic Four movie got released, cause the time was up and Fox had to release SOMETHING or their movie rights to the franchise would revert back to Marvel.

That's why Marvel was able to do the Daredevil TV show, cause Fox's movie bombed so hard that they didn't even care about letting the rights revert. But even if the new X-Men movies suck they're still more profitable than not making any X-Men movies. Same with Sony and Spider-Man.

That's why it was such a big deal that Spider-Man was in the latest Captain America movie. Captain America is a Marvel Studios property, while Spider-Man is a Sony property, and movies companies just don't do that ****. Except for this time. Unfortunately Fox doesn't sound like they're willing to play ball like Sony is. So no Wolverine in the next Avengers.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote