Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #1014 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I'll say it again. Wikipedia is pretty bad with genres. I'd recommend going to music-specific sites for ideas.

Btw, I went everywhere around the internet but Elizabeth Cotten isn't eligible. Neapolisher, if you can find me a source that claims she's delta blues, I'll include your "vote."

Also, I will now look for a blues artist called I.C. Wiener.
Elizabeth Cotten's style is categorized under Peidmont Blues, as well as all my other nominations. So if you dare to disqualify her, then you have to disqualify the others who also play in the same style i.e. Blind Willie McTell and Mississippi John Hurt. But you can't disqualify them cause you already let the proverbial camel's nose into the tent when you said nothing earlier. You already let people nominate Piedmont Blues and Chicago Blues artists. So I don't see why you want to be a stickler all of a sudden. It's really not fair that you zero in on my nominations and disqualify them and turn a blind eye to all the other in-correctly nominated nominations.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote