Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #1032 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Don't you read your own thread? Mississippi John Hurt and Blind Willie McTell were already voted for. So how can you accuse only me of voting for Piedmont Blues artist in the the Delta Blues round? I thought well if they are voting for Piedmont Blues artist and nothings being said, I might as well throw in a couple of my own.

read 'em and weep

Like I said if you disqualify Elizabeth Cotten you have to disqualify other Piedmont Blues artist that were nominated.
Are YOU reading my thread? The other ones you voted for were also, emphasis on ALSO, voted to be delta blues on the sites I checked, sites that all spercify in music. Every one of your votes was considered to be delta blues, the only genre that matters here. If other artists are Piedmont blues, they were ALSO considered delta blues. Even Willie was considered Delta Blues on Discogs. I could not find ANYTHING to defend Elizabeth Cotten's case online. I checked all her albums, all the music sites I mentioned before on this thread, everything. No delta blues.

Blind Willie Mctell: Labelled as Delta blues on Discogs. Eligible.
Elizabeth Cotten. Not labeled as delta blues on any music website. Not eligible.

It doesn't matter if the others are piedmont or chicago, electric, acoustic, hill coluntry, . The fact remains the websites I checked considered them or at least an album they did (which is all that's needed to qualify) delta blues. Not Cotten. You can't defend them with the Piedmont tag if they were also considered delta blues.

I'll repeat myself. You can swap Elizabeth Cotten, or the vote doesn't count. Or you can find me a source on the internet that calls her delta blues (only music-specific websites, so no Wikipedia. Forum posts and user lists do not count), and I'll add that source's website to the list of websites I'll check, and she will count.