Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #17443 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Coraline

Finally watched Coraline for the first time last night. OMG. So good. I have a slight phobia of Muppets, claymation, and stop motion. They look too close to real life yet not real enough, and it just kinda gives me the heeby jeebies.

Aside from the fact that the visuals were so jaw-dropping that I was drawn in despite that slight revulsion, that feeling made a movie that was supposed to be tense and creepy all that much more freaky. There were several entire scenes that actually made me involuntarily lean back for minutes on end.

Not just the Other World scenes either. That guy with the bad Russian accent and evil mustache was scary as **** doing pullups on a stair railing. And some **** would've just straight haunted my dreams if I were a young enough child. I love that this wasn't just a children's movie with a horror fantasy aesthetic, this was an honest-to-god horror fantasy children's movie.

Spoiler for spoiler:
And is it weird that I thought the Other Mother was kind of hot before she turned into a spider witch bitch? It helped that Terry Hatcher has a super sexy voice.
Now I know what to dress up as for Halloween. Ooh! Ever see The Dark Crystal?