Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #1108 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

I don't see what's so anal about planning ahead and having a schedule. The set schedule gives us more time to prepare for the genres that we don't have any experience from. Example: many people here clearly have much more experience than I do regarding golden age hip hop, and hip hop in general. Some of you will already have your vote planned out with no problem, and some of you will have to think about it but most likely not have to play any albums. You can spend the golden age week playing trip hop and stoner rock if you don't have any experience there.

I know it might be a little bit obsessive, but I still think it's a good way to get more users into more genres. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty dedicated since I not only have a new area to listen to and a good excuse to finally do so, I have to so that I can construct a vote in the event that we are lacking in votes.

So forgive me if my schedule annoys you, but I think if we're going to have a game, we should at least (like you've said) give users more time to listen to the albums and make a decision. I think a set schedule can do that for users who have little to no experience in some styles but plenty of experience in others.